While I announced the iPad version late last month, today I am excited to announce two new formats of There Are Other Rivers by Alastair Humphreys, an iPhone version and PDF. The iPhone version contains the full text of Alastair’s fantastic book. The PDF version contains the same 80+ photos as the iPad edition as well as the full text.
The iPhone version is available from the iBookstore.
I am particularly happy to announce the PDF version; this will bring There Are Other Rivers to a whole host of other devices, especially, Android devices. To get the PDF version, click here. As with all editions of There Are Other Rivers, the first three chapters are available for free.
Working with Alastair has been a pleasure and I hope that we will be bringing you his future books, as soon as he does something insane and writes about it!
Check out his website and blog to follow his adventures.
Alastair Humphreys walked across India, from the Coromandel Coast to the Malabar Coast, following the course of a holy river.
Walking alone and spending the nights sleeping under the stars, in the homes of welcoming strangers or in small towns and villages, he experienced the dusty enchantment of ordinary, real India on the smallest of budgets.
There Are Other Rivers tells the story of the walk through an account of a single day as well as reflecting on the allure of difficult journeys and the eternal appeal of the open road.
Nominated for National Geographic’s ‘Adventurer of the Year’
Reviews for previous books:
- “Believe me, he can write, and rather well” – Geographical
- “…displays a tendency for Big Hairy Audacious Goals that is almost unnerving.”
- “This book has it all: it’s a great travel read, a look into the human soul and how most people, given enough determination, could attempt something like this.”
- “No expensive equipment or ‘fastest, strongest, quickest’; just a brilliant, understated story.”
- “Simply outstanding.”
- “If you prefer the comfort of your armchair these books will still stir your imagination and curiosity for the world.”
- “An absolute must-read or any passionate traveller.”
- “Wow… another great book by Alastair Humphreys.”
- “One of the best adventure travel books I’ve read.”